Our design proposal for the new Regional Government Office in Krakow has been selected for construction.
Our design proposal has been chosen by the client as the most efficient and suitable idea for the new Regional Government Office of Malopolska in Krakow. The design followed by the tender offer was prepared by the consortium: Horizone Studio and Maleccy Architects.
New buildings are to be constructed near the Grzegorzeckie roundabout in Krakow, at the crossroad of Aleja Pokoju and Aleja Powstania Warszawskiego. The process is led by Regionalne Centrum Administracyjne "Małopolska" – the company established by the Governor Office to run public procurement works.
Read more abot the design at: http://www.horizone.com.pl/en/projects/malopolska-regional-government-office-in-krakow
The whole process of selecting the team to design the new building complex had two stages. The first stage was an international architectural competition. Its results were announced in October 2013. Horizone Studio’s design was among three awarded proposals which were allowed to the second tender stage.
The competition was organized under the auspices of the Polish Association of Architects SARP.
The second tender stage has been based on the following criteria:
- functionality (20% importance)
- quality of the environment (12% importance)
- quality of cultural and social aspects (12% importance)
- technical quality (16% importance)
- price of architectural services (40% importance)
The offer prepared by Horizone Studio together with Maleccy Architects scored impressive 96,8 points out of 100 possible.
We are very happy to achieve this high score, especially in the field of sustainability and innovation.
Herewith we shall express our great appreciation to all people involved in the concept design, and we hope to continue that productive cooperation.
The outcome of the international architectural competition for the Regional Government Office of Malopolska in Krakow has been announced.
The competition task was to design the new building complex for the Regional Government Office in Krakow that should accommodate several uses like: regional assembly hall with communicating offices, a regional council, several departments of the Regional Government Office, local government units, as well as additional services like shops, restaurants, a nursery school, a health centre.
According to the competition outcome announced on the 16th of October 2013, the Horizone Studio proposal was selected among three awarded entries. According to the competition rules and regulations the client will start negotiation stage with all three awarded teams to determine the one that is going to continue design till the completion on site.
The three awarded design teams that will take part in the second tender stage are:
- Taller de Arquitectos Colaboradores & R.Sanabria Arquitectes Assiociats - Barcelona
- Horizone Studio Darasz Kisielewski Strzeński Sp.J. & Małeccy Architects - Kraków/Katowice
- Wojciech Gęsiak Architectural Studio - Radom
Read more at:
Design team of the competition entry nr 007
Horizone Studio Darasz, Kisielewski, Strzeński Sp.J. - Krakow
Dominik Darasz, Bartłomiej Kisielewski, Robert Strzeński
Architects in co-operation:
Jagoda Bogusławska, Krystian Wawer, Nuno Oliveira
Collaboration: Małeccy Architectural Office
Green building consultant Rafał Schurma
Sanitary HVAC s.c.
Structure Marcin Matoga Konstrukcje Budowlane
According to the competition award summary the Horizone Studio project was awarded for:
- creating an attractive and functional urban space by implying to the whole complex semipublic urban plaza that will become a center of the development,
- creating an attractive frontage to the street and an urban landmark for the area,
- creating an opportunity for further expansion that reinforces the quality of urban composition,
- clear functionality and sustainability of the buildings.